This policy provides an explanation as to what happens to any personal data that you share with us, or that we collect from you either directly via this Website or via email. Certain businesses are required under the data protection act to have a data controller. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR EU2016/679 the data controller is Plus Opto Ltd. (registered in England No. 02987120) and can be contacted via email at [email protected]
We comply with the UK PECR regulations with regard to business-to-business marketing and rely on legitimate business interests for the purposes of marketing our products to customers & prospects in order to develop business. We are committed to keeping our marketing communications relevant by recording areas of specific interest within our database.
This privacy notice explains what happens with any Personal Data we gather from you if you use our website, contact us with an enquiry or purchase products or services from us. We recognise our obligations under data protection legislation and GDPR and we are committed to keeping your Personal Data safe and secure.
You should read this notice so that you understand how we will handle your Personal Data. Our aim is to only use and hold your data in the way you'd reasonably expect us to. We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice from time to time.
Who we are
We are Plus Opto Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 02987120. Our registered office is at B13 Derwent Court, William Way, Moss Industrial Estate, Leigh, Lancashire, WN7 3PT, United Kingdom.
Our Data Protection Manager is Sheila Woods. If you have any questions regarding this notice or how we process Personal Data please contact us using the details below:
Sheila Woods – Data Protection Manager
B13 Derwent Court, William Way, Moss Industrial Estate, Leigh, Lancashire WN7 3PT
What data do we gather about you?
If you contact us with an enquiry, or purchase products or services from us, we will collect your name, email address and other contact details, as well as information about the company you work for. Since we only sell our products and services to other companies (B2B) we will collect this very limited Personal Data about you only to identify you as a point of contact at the company you work for.
If you visit our website we may collect certain analytical information relating to your browsing and usage of our website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type and webpages visited and browsed. This information is also available to Google analytics.
How do we collect your data?
We collect data about you from the following sources:-
• Information you provide to us using the enquiries (Contact Us) page on our website;
• Information you provide to us if you contact us offline, by face to face meetings, telephone, email, fax or post;
• Analytical information which is collected using cookies and other or similar technologies (see Cookies below).
You have the right to object to our processing of your data and/or access information held about you. If you do, please inform us in writing.
How do we store your data and keep it secure?
We use reasonable and up to date security methods to keep your data secure and to prevent unauthorised or unlawful access to your Personal Data, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, Personal Data. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Maintaining data security means guaranteeing the confidentiality, integrity and availability (for authorised purposes) of Personal Data.
We have in place policies, procedures and technologies to maintain the security of all Personal Data from the point of collection to the point of destruction including procedures to deal with a security breach. We will ensure your Personal Data is only accessible by those who need to see your data for their specific role. We will only transfer Personal Data to a third party if that third party agrees to comply with those procedures and policies, or if they put in place adequate measures themselves.
How and why we will use your data?
We will usually only process your Personal Data where you have given your consent, where the processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, or for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of third parties. We do not sell or rent personal information which you provide to us.
We will collect and use your Personal Data for the following specific reasons and in accordance with the legal basis we referred to in the table below:
Data Subject Purpose of Processing Legal Basis
Individuals contacting us with enquiries and requests for quotations. To respond to enquiries and to provide any information or quotations requested. This is necessary for our legitimate interests (responding to enquiries and providing quotations)
Employees of our customers and individual contacts with our customers. To communicate with our customers and to manage our relationship with customers, including:
• Processing orders and delivering products and services;
• Collecting money due to us;
• Notifying customers of changes to our terms of business and privacy notice;
• Asking for reviews, feedback and conducting surveys. This is necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep records and communicate with our customers)
In some cases this may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
Employees of, and individual contacts at, our customers and prospective customers. To market our products and services to our customers and prospective customers. This is necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products and services and grow our business).
Visitors to our website. To use analytical data to improve our website and products and services and better understand our customers and prospective customers. This is necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our website relevant and up to date, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy).
How we keep your data accurate
We will try and keep the Personal Data we store about you accurate and up to date. We will take reasonable step to erase or rectify inaccurate data without delay. Please tell us if your personal details change or if you become aware of any inaccuracies in the Personal Data we hold about you.
How long will we keep your data?
We will not keep your Personal Data for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we process it. This means that data will be destroyed or erased from our systems when it is no longer required. For guidance on how long certain data is likely to be kept before being destroyed, contact our Data Protection Manager (see above).
What rights do you have in respect of your Personal Data?
You have the right to:
• request access to any Personal Data we hold about you;
• have any Personal Data which we hold about you which is inaccurate rectified;
• have incomplete Personal Data completed;
• have Personal Data erased;
• have the processing of your Personal Data restricted (for example, if you think the data we hold about you is inaccurate you can ask us to stop processing it, until we will either correct it or confirm it is accurate);
• be provided with the Personal Data that you have supplied to us, in a portable format that can be transmitted to another data controller without difficulty;
• object to certain types of processing, including processing based on legitimate interests (see above), automated processing (which includes profiling) and processing for direct-marketing purposes; and
• not be subject to a decision that is based solely on automated processing which produces a legal effect or which has a similar significant effect for you.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, you must make the request in writing to our Data Protection Manager. Please note some of these rights are restricted in some circumstances.
If you have provided your consent to any of the processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent to that processing at any time, where relevant. Please contact our Data Protection Manger if you wish to do so.
As indicated above, we sometimes process your data on the basis of legitimate interests. You have a right to object to this processing. If you object to us processing your data based on legitimate interests, we must no longer process that Personal Data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or that the processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
We do not conduct automated decision making (including profiling) on the Personal Data we process and in particular we confirm we conduct no automated decision making on special category data or which has a legal or similar significant effect.
Who will have access to the data we hold?
Our employees who need to access your data will view it in order that we can respond to your enquiries and contact you. All of our employees understand the need to keep your information confidential.
In addition to our employees, we also use service providers who may hold (or have access to) Personal Data on our behalf (for example providers of cloud based IT systems we use and providers of IT support services). We will make sure we have a contract with these suppliers which satisfies the requirements of data protection legislation. Apart from employees, our service providers and other businesses within our group of companies (and as detailed below), we will not disclose your Personal Data to a third party without your consent, unless we are satisfied that they are legally entitled to the data. Where we disclose your Personal Data to a third party, we will have regard to the data protection principles.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us will be one of the transferred assets; and
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with legal obligations or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, suppliers or employees or other persons. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If your Personal Data is provided to any third parties, you are entitled to request details of the recipients of your Personal Data or the categories of recipients of your Personal Data.
Transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
All data is held within the EU. We will not transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA unless such transfer is compliant with the GDPR. This means that we cannot transfer any of your Personal Data outside the EEA unless:
• the EU Commission has decided that another country or international organisation ensures an adequate level of protection for your Personal Data;
• the transfer of your Personal Data is subject to appropriate safeguards, which may include binding corporate rules or standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission; or
• one of the derogations in the GDPR applies (including if you explicitly consent to the proposed transfer).
We currently transfer Personal data outside the EEA as some Personal Data is stored on cloud systems, the servers for which are based outside the EEA. However we have contracts in place with these suppliers which contain standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission for use in this situation.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser however if you select this setting youmay be unable to access certain parts of our site
For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them, see our Cookies Policy.
Right to make a complaint
If you have any issues with our processing of your Personal Data and would like to make a complaint, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office on 0303 123 1113 or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 10th Oct 2019.
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this policy please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
If you would prefer to write to us then our contact address is Plus Opto Limited, B13 Derwent Court, William Way, Moss Industrial Estate, Leigh. Lancashire. WN7 3PT. UK.
Plus Opto Limited B13 Derwent Court William Way Moss Industrial Estate Leigh Lancashire WN7 3PT
Tel +44 (0) 1942 671122 Fax +44 (0) 1942 671133 Email [email protected]
Registered in England & Wales Registration Number 02987120 VAT Registration Number GB 732 4193 48
Copyright Plus Opto Limited 2011 All Rights Reserved